5paisa was launched in the year 2007. It serves more than 7,500 retail customers and targeted to acquire around 50,000+ customers. The broking house is in the process of demerging from IIFL and is also in the process of getting listed on the stock exchanges.
5paisa has planned to commence trading in commodities and to offer personal loans in near future. It also intends to include funding products like IPO, NCDs etc. This is planned to be routed through a NBFC of IIFL Group. They does not have any major investment infrastructure. The set up office is in Mumbai, apart from this, it does not have physical presence in any other part of India or world.
The Discount broker has been recording a daily turnover of INR 1,200 crore which is mainly from equity trading and a miniscule portion. The growth in number of customer is cent percent when compared quarter over quarter.
ACCOUNT OPENING CHARGES:
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.650|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.400 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Offline to Online||No|
|Equity Delivery Trading||Rs.10|
|Equity Intraday Trading||Rs.10|
|Commodity Options Trading||NA|
|Equity Futures Trading||Rs.10|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.10 per Lot|
|Currency Futures Trading||Rs.10|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.10 per Lot|
|Transaction Charges||0.00325% of Total Turnover|
|STT||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
|5PAISA TRADE STATION||1. Multiple order types offering flexibility to the user.
2. Intraday as well as historical data available for technical and
fundamental analysis respectively.
3. Provision to invest in Mutual funds and Insurance segments.
4. Provides research tips and calls to make quick judgments.
|5PAISA TRADER TERMINAL||1. Second Level Authentication brings in a high amount of security so
that users can transact and trade without any security breach
2. The application provides a consolidated view of user’s portfolio along
with access to all trade reports, charges & bills.
3. Interactive charting tool that provides real-time indications about the
market trends and behaviour
4. With Market-watch, users can get updates on Real-time accurate
5. Highly usable and easy to use user interface
6. Users can buy and sell using the same integrated window
|5PAISA AUTO INVESTOR||1. 5Paisa Auto Investor is a web-based robo-advisory mechanism.
2. Users can provide their requirements for
return expectations, risk appetite, investment spread etc and based on
3. Personalized recommendations on investment classes
along with capital segregation and return period are provided back to the
4. The angle of human error goes out of the
window and you can get recommendations based on data points.
5. Get your portfolio monitored for future movements.
PRO’S & CON’S:
|Low Brokerage||Average Customer Service|
|Offers Research Tips and Calls||Commodity Trading not allowed|
|Decent Trading Platforms|
|Only Discount Broker that is
listed at NSE & BSE
|Free Trading Education|